Banner Credit


Many, many thanks to Spubba for designing and producing my title banner...so frickin' awesome!!! :D

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Frackin' Back...!

My sweetie and I have been going for hour-long walks in the evening for about two weeks now, and two days ago I woke up with my lower back feeling like it was on fire. After suffering for most of the day at work with it, I called my chiropractor to see if he recommended rest or more walking. He said, "Oh no, don't walk tonight - ice it for 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off, three times. Maybe go for a 15-minute walk, but take it easy for now." BOOOOOOO. Not the answer I was looking for.

To be honest, I had no idea you could hurt your back from walking.

Hubby had an RMT appointment for Saturday and he told me to take it instead; he'd take my Wednesday appointment. What a sweetheart. So, I went for my massage and while discussing my back issues, the RMT reminded me that 1) I'm starting out with pelvis and back problems (stiff sacroiliac joint and mid-back muscle spasms) and 2) since it's winter I'm not wearing proper walking shoes, so I was definitely over-doing the walking.

When I spoke with my mom about it (she walks for 2 hours every day) she said that when she started, she started out small (30-minutes) and worked her way up to 2 hours.

How stupid do I feel now? Wow...anyway, on to this week's weight measurements!

Date Weight BF Weight BF % Body Water % Bone Mass %
01/30/2010
02/06/2010
163.2
160.3
50.7
49.6
31.3
31.0
50.0
50.3
6.5
6.5

Yeehaw! Our meals this week had been all real food with minimal processed crap, so I'm happy with my progress. However, I'm worried about slowing down with the walking and possibly gaining those pounds back. Oh well, can't walk with a screwed back, so what choice do I have? Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment