Banner Credit


Many, many thanks to Spubba for designing and producing my title banner...so frickin' awesome!!! :D

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Taking charge...day 2

All in all, yesterday wasn't so bad.  The worst part was after dinner when we were downstairs playing darts and watching everyone else munch away on popcorn.  Pretzels never did much for me, but the popcorn was tempting me something fierce.  I did not touch one kernel.

Hubby's making our usual Sunday breakfast this morning, which will consist of bacon and eggs.  I will not be eating any of the bacon, as that is not allowed on an anti-candida diet.  Boohoo.  I've done it before and will do it again.

He also made my coffee with cream, but it was still made with love so I will drink it and be merry.  He now knows that going forward my coffees will need the chocolate almond milk instead.  Such a sweetie - me so lucky. :)

So, breakfast was eggs, a tsp of calcium/magnesium (which, unfortunately, has fructose in it...nice) and two tsp of high-quality fish oil.  Oh yeah, and about 7000 IU of D3 drops.

Later...

Ok....so after Hubby left for his mountain biking date with his buddy it was time for me to get busy in the kitchen!  I got some beefy bones into the oven to brown before throwing them into the slow cooker to make some bone broth.  While they were in the oven I started peeling potatoes to do my part for Easter dinner at my sister's.

Of course I had to sample the product to make sure it was good enough, but I didn't have much.

At dinner I ate:

- A turkey leg
- My mashed potatoes (made only with butter and 18% cream, with a bit of salt)
- Mashed turnip
- A bit of stuffing
- A whole lot of homemade gravy (you don't pass up my mom's gravy for ANYTHING) ;)
- A glass of water
- A small goblet of lemon pie filling (you know, the Sherriff brand that you make a pie with), which had some pineapple tidbits on top with a green maraschino cherry

I think that's it...and once we got back home we went for a quick walk.  Only water for me until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment