Banner Credit


Many, many thanks to Spubba for designing and producing my title banner...so frickin' awesome!!! :D

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Back from the mini hiatus...

It's been awhile since I last posted, and although we were away for a two-week vacation, I was also considering throwing in the towel on this blog. Nobody except my beau reads it, anyway (hi, honey lol).

Before leaving for our holiday I was a bit "backed up" and knew I had gained a pound or two. We had stopped cooking a couple of days before leaving so we wouldn't have a huge mess in the kitchen, so that means that we ate out (restaurants use so much sodium and unknown ingredients and I actually don't like eating out anymore). I quickly weighed myself the morning of our flight and wasn't surprised to see that I was "up". I didn't bother recording the reading, of course.

Two weeks in sunny Barbados was a fantastic treat for us. It was my first real vacation and we had a great time. The food was amazing and so was the rum...ok, and the pina coladas. I had a few of those within the first few days and then cut them out, however, I indulged in rum and cokes the rest of the time.

We returned home on April 9th, a Friday night (Saturday morning, really, since our flight was delayed), so after my bowel movement the next morning I weighed in. Ugh...six pounds up from the pre-vacation weigh-in, so 162. Oi. Well, I guess that wasn't too bad overall, considering the food and drink I'd consumed, but hey, I was on holiday, dammit!

Again, I didn't bother recording the numbers because I knew I'd work hard to get back into the swing of things.

Fast forward to one week later and ...!

Date Weight BF Weight BF % Body Water % Bone Mass %
04/17/2010
155.8
46.8
30.1
51.0
6.4

Almost a pound and a half BETTER than my last recorded pre-vacation weight! WOOO!! I was a good little girl that week! I even enjoyed a couple of rum and cokes, but with Coke Zero (I know - that's not Paleo, either, but it sure tastes good!!).

I've just gotten back into sleeping well at night again but I'm feeling a bit lazy this week. We've fallen into a bit of a rut when it comes to cooking and need to get creative/motivated again. We're cooking up some king fish steaks tomorrow and I'm wondering what we'll have with them. I wish I was a natural at this cooking thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment