- I'm finding that I really don't like the taste of coffee lately, especially with the chocolate-flavoured almond milk in it. When I use cream (preferably 18%) it's at least a little bit more drinkable, but if it weren't a caffeine addiction I wouldn't bother with the stuff. I do like having something warm to drink, though, which helps my stupid mouse voice become audible.
- My new desk at work is working out great - I love it to bits! I found that I actually had it a bit too high when standing and it was causing some tingling/numbness/cold feeling in my right elbow. Things are better now, but I really have to do something about my home computer desk, sooo...
- I ordered a GeekDesk electric height-adjustable desk base for home and it's on it's way!! It should arrive this week (YAY!), so I really need to get my butt to Ikea to grab a table top to complete it. My current computer chair creaks with almost every movement so that will likely be my next purchase.
- We've recently gotten into watching Sons of Anarchy (a friend gave it to us on DVD) and I can't believe how addicted I am to this show. It's absolutely fantastic and the acting is top-notch. We've come very close to tears on a couple of occasions already and last night I was caught off-guard with a stunner of an ending. Christ, I hate it when major characters you like a lot are suddenly killed off. I was traumatized!! Ugh... Anyway, this is just testament to how good the whole series is so far. Next up is the second episode of the third season. Thank GROK Monday is a holiday!! :)
- My dad is recovering from a really bad cold and is still eating crap food. Can't say anything about diet because my step-mom is a nutritionist. *sigh*
145.8 is the reading today after a small bowel movement, wearing only my socks (damn scale is glass and it's winter, so...). I'm happy with that.
I've cut down to using cream in only one of my coffees per day, with almond milk in the others. I kind of feel like a recovering alcoholic, wherein even the sight of a picture of cakes or cookies makes me very afraid. Afraid I'll cave and be back to my old ways. Sugarholic. That's what I am.
There has been some discussion regarding exactly this; how evil sugar really is, though the general public still refuses to accept it. Whatever - they can have it. It amazes me how people plug their ears and go "LALALALALALALA" when they hear how bad their daily indulgences are. Then they complain that they're fat and sick and want stomach surgery so they can't eat so much. Ridiculous!!
The headaches have finally subsided and life is back to normal. I haven't been much in the mood for prepping or cooking anything, so thankfully my sweet hunnybun is stepping in whenever he can. The last dinner I cooked consisted of sausages in a crushed tomato sauce with crunchy celery and fresh asparagus pieces. It was pretty refreshing and tasty, if I do say so myself. :)
In other news, I'm in the process of snagging a second pair of Vibram Five Fingers shoes, since Backwoods.com has a sale on right now (and I have a contact in OK to order them for me). Here's what I'm getting!!
I'm hoping that I might be able to sneak them by people at work since they're black, but only on Fridays.
Since finishing the Yeast Buster program I have indulged in a treat or two here and there (NOT everyday) and have resumed using cream for my coffees. I've noticed that my weight has inched upward so I'm going to have to cut back on that stuff. Today I'm back to using almond milk (unsweetened) in my coffee. Of course the coffee doesn't taste as good, but that will also mean that I may not want 3 a day!
Every. Single. Day. For the past week I've had either a full-blown migraine or the feeling of one threatening to blossom. I'd like to move on now, thank you.
Last Friday I at least had an excuse, what with the effing smoke alarm blaring in my ear (and btw, my ears rang for several days after that), but since then, there isn't an obvious trigger that I can think of. Let's see...it could be the weather...it's February, I'm in Toronto, and there's NO SNOW on the ground. Bizarro!
Otherwise, I thought maybe I'd upset some neck muscles while attempting my various bodyweight lifting exercises on the bar...or else it could be stress from my idiot clients...not sure.
This weekend we're taking my mom out to shop for a small kitchen table for two (for her new bachelor apartment) and we're also moving her into said apartment on Sunday. Truck rental, the whole she-bang. Who's betting whether the headaches continue for those days? Oi.
On to other news...this week I found myself at the Shoe Company shoe store (weakness! lol) and snagged myself a couple pairs of water shoes, which I am now using as slippers at home (blue pair) and at work (black pair):
They are incredibly comfy, light, and flexible, but I wish they came with steel toes built in!! On both of my big toes my nails are slightly ingrown (ugh!) and today I managed to keep the toe-stubbing to one time only. Is there a pain worse than this??!? I'm sure there is, but man oh man, I could have screamed, it hurt so bad.
A couple days ago I stubbed my toe (and this means a gentle contact with a table leg, when you have an ingrown nail) TWICE. Mama help me and my stupid feet.
I left a message with my doctor's office for a podiatrist referral but haven't heard back yet. I also have a deep callus on the pad of my foot just south of my baby toe on the left side. It's getting difficult to walk with all this going on. :S