Not really - it's just lyrics to a song that's in my head right now:
Love Big Wreck...anyhow, just thought I'd check in with a few random tidbits for those who want to know.
- My weight today is 145.2. I'm happy about that, and a bit surprised since I have been inhaling a whole bag of these every day this week! (Can you say WEAKNESSSSSSS?)
- Last night I cooked up a couple of strip loin steaks using the method that previously set off the smoke alarm and threw me into a migraine headache. This time I was better prepared and also had the assistance of hubby. The steaks were a little over-cooked but were still quite good. I love how flavourful the fat turns out using this method. Next time I'll just take them out of the oven sooner and we should be good.
- I'm finding that I really don't like the taste of coffee lately, especially with the chocolate-flavoured almond milk in it. When I use cream (preferably 18%) it's at least a little bit more drinkable, but if it weren't a caffeine addiction I wouldn't bother with the stuff. I do like having something warm to drink, though, which helps my stupid mouse voice become audible.
- My new desk at work is working out great - I love it to bits! I found that I actually had it a bit too high when standing and it was causing some tingling/numbness/cold feeling in my right elbow. Things are better now, but I really have to do something about my home computer desk, sooo...
- I ordered a GeekDesk electric height-adjustable desk base for home and it's on it's way!! It should arrive this week (YAY!), so I really need to get my butt to Ikea to grab a table top to complete it. My current computer chair creaks with almost every movement so that will likely be my next purchase.
- We've recently gotten into watching Sons of Anarchy (a friend gave it to us on DVD) and I can't believe how addicted I am to this show. It's absolutely fantastic and the acting is top-notch. We've come very close to tears on a couple of occasions already and last night I was caught off-guard with a stunner of an ending. Christ, I hate it when major characters you like a lot are suddenly killed off. I was traumatized!! Ugh... Anyway, this is just testament to how good the whole series is so far. Next up is the second episode of the third season. Thank GROK Monday is a holiday!! :)
- My dad is recovering from a really bad cold and is still eating crap food. Can't say anything about diet because my step-mom is a nutritionist. *sigh*