Banner Credit


Many, many thanks to Spubba for designing and producing my title banner...so frickin' awesome!!! :D

Sunday, October 17, 2010

And another thing...

I haven't yet mentioned that I've been getting some tests done to see if something is going on with my thyroid. In July my neck (n general) started hurting like as if I had pulled some sort of muscle or vocal cord. The way I describe it is if you were singing along to a song and try to hit a note that is too far out of your natural range - you tend to hurt something in your throat (done that before). It makes it hard to swallow, talk, and turn your head for at least a day.

In August I noticed a sort of lump on the right side of my throat. I went to the local walk-in clinic to get a doctor's opinion. He asked me some typical questions around potential hypothyroidism and I didn't really have any symptoms other than heart palpitations. He sent me for an ultrasound.

The ultrasound results came back and it was a different doctor at the walk-in this time (that's how it goes at a walk-in...you get whoever's there/available). He asked me a few more questions and said he wanted some blood tests and an uptake/scan. I haven't received the blood test results yet and I just went for the uptake/scan appointments this past Thursday and Friday.

Last night we had our best friends over for dinner and drinks, and I was drinking but didn't even catch a buzz (what a waste of rum! lol). I woke up in the middle of the night in a pool of sweat and my heart was palpitating like crazy. It was pretty discerning, but I had a pee and relocated to the other bedroom where I wouldn't keep my hunny awake and the room was much cooler.

I drifter in and out of sleep there, but at least I wasn't sweating anymore. I look forward to getting to the bottom of this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment